Wednesday, November 5, 2008

RE: If America can elect a Black President, why can't Caricom nations agree to pool their sovereignty?

Norman,

This is a truly wonderful piece, not only for its political analysis but also for capturing so well in words the spirit of that moment last night!!

I also agree with your position re the Caribbean. I was asked the same question by one newspaper and said basically the same thing. We need a Caribbean agenda, based on a clear understanding of our own interests. One issue that needs to be on that agenda is the end of the illegal Cuban blockade. But there are very many more.

Can I share this with the Friends of John la Rose google group. There is a debate there about Obama with one comrade Abdul Alkalimat (African American radical activist) is very skeptical and others are taking a more “pragmatic” position.

I myself was going to write a piece about last night and the Obama movement, though it would not be nearly as eloquent as yours! I may still add a few points.

David

No comments:

Post a Comment